Porsche 928 factory alarm

More
01 Jan 2012 21:06 #7573 by Glenn
Porsche 928 factory alarm was created by Glenn
My 84 928s came with a factory installed alarm. What are the buttons marked "EXT 1" and " * " used for on the alarm key FOB? Also there is a small button on the side of the FOB, what is it for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Jan 2012 21:32 #7578 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic Porsche 928 factory alarm
I dont believe there was a factory alarm that cam e with a key fob although the Porsche alarm is set by locking /unlocking the car and the dash button.

Theres a complete section in the owners manual.....let us know if you dont have it.

More
01 Jan 2012 22:13 #7581 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Porsche 928 factory alarm
Not for 928's there wasn't.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
02 Jan 2012 11:04 #7587 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic Porsche 928 factory alarm

I dont believe there was a factory alarm that cam e with a key fob although the Porsche alarm is set by locking /unlocking the car and the dash button.

Theres a complete section in the owners manual.....let us know if you dont have it.

I bought the car used and it already had an alarm system installed. It is integrated into the system. It not only locks/unlocks the doors, but aromatically arms itself after one minute of exiting the vehicle. That is why I assumed it was a factory installation. By the way, what dash button? Thanks for your input.

More
02 Jan 2012 15:55 #7596 by 19psi
Replied by 19psi on topic Porsche 928 factory alarm
'84 may be different than my '82 but my system simply arms when any door is locked with the black key. If a door is open a horn sounds (not the trumpets) and the car cannot be started.

The red aux. key is used when you don't want to use the alarm system. Good for valet or leaving with a mechanic as it also won't open your glove compartment.

The system is invisible on my '82. I have no dash switches or buttons.

More
02 Jan 2012 21:36 #7601 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Porsche 928 factory alarm
For later cars with the power lock button it is on the dash below the climate control head to the right of the "!" button. Early cars do not have that button.

That button DOES NOT turn on the alarm. To engage the factory alarm (if it is installed) you lock the car from the outside using the longer black headed key. As noted above the red key will not engage the alarm (if installed) and will not open a locked glove box. Good for valet and in fact I think is called the valet key actually.

After market alarms are notoriously BIG TROUBLE in 928's!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!