Converting OB to S4 fans: AC line

• Normy1
  • Normy1's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2012 18:55 #7741 by Normy1
Converting OB to S4 fans: AC line was created by Normy1
I want to convert my '85 S2 from the belt fan to a pair of S4 fans, controlled by a SPAL fan controller.

I tried this a few months ago; The problem with this is that the pre-'87 lower radiator hose won't work [mine is of course fairly new-], and the AC low pressure hose with the blue plastic cover won't work either. And of course, I just spent $1000 last year getting my AC to work right. Never fails-

Anyway, I have the SPAL electronic controller all wired up, and the S4 fans sitting in my garage, waiting for a chance to turn. I've gone all through the WSM's and I cannot find the part number for that AC hose that goes up and then turns right and has the blue fitting! That is the one that interferes with the new S4 fans, so I'm sure that the S4 has a different part number.

Enlighten me please!

N!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 20:30 #7744 by he_mech_usmc
Replied by he_mech_usmc on topic Converting OB to S4 fans: AC line
Normy,

I'm sorry, I don't know the part # that you're looking for, but I have heard, and done the dual fan upgrade from a mid 90's Ford Contour...don't know if that would help, but the fan setup fits right inside the radiator and clears all the hoses...looks like is should be factory...with a little clean up.

You can be a mechanic or technician...The choice is in HOW you fix it, not THAT you fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!