How does one replace the 928 S digital clock?

• tedder
  • tedder's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Mar 2012 20:55 #8481 by tedder
My clock doesn't work, just the light. Was wondering how you lift up the console to get to the clock. Is is possible to go through the passenger side of the console? Maybe I will see why the sunroof stopped working! - rather tight in there with the radio cables and control wires for windows, rear wiper and sunroof.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Mar 2012 21:18 #8483 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic How does one replace the 928 S digital clock?
you can get at all the console equipment by removing the HVAC head, the radio then the clock and ashtray. that way all will be exposed and see what going on which make tight quarters somewhat more manageable especially if your like me have hands XXL :)

• tedder
  • tedder's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2012 09:16 #8634 by tedder

My clock doesn't work, just the light. Was wondering how you lift up the console to get to the clock. Is is possible to go through the passenger side of the console? Maybe I will see why the sunroof stopped working! - rather tight in there with the radio cables and control wires for windows, rear wiper and sunroof.

What I found on my car is that you first remove radio, and the clock and rear AC controls are on trim piece that is pried off the console. I decided to clean up the wiring around the ash tray and radio. Once I was able to get at clock it was relatively easy to replace. A surprise that I found, is the clock shows 24 hour time! Another surprise (to me) is that the clock stays on all the time, is that supposed to be that way?

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2012 10:05 #8637 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic How does one replace the 928 S digital clock?
yes, the clock is powered at all times to maintain the set time.

More
29 Mar 2012 20:36 #8667 by smtcapecod
Replied by smtcapecod on topic How does one replace the 928 S digital clock?
On the 928 INTl web site, under tech tips, they have a write-up on changing the clock from digital to analog. I don't recall whether it starts from the very beginning of console removal, and of course I get that you aren't doing the upgrade, but it has pictures and instructions to take you through some of the process including the wiring ID in a stepwise manner.

More
30 Mar 2012 20:44 #8702 by Normy1

Why would you want to?

If my car came with the dial clock, I would change it out to the digital, which can be set to 24 hour time. My clock in my '85 says 21:44 right now.

N!

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!