A/C Runs continuously, controls have no effect

More
11 May 2012 10:05 #9136 by GlennS
I’m looking for some help on this issue. When I bought my 1980 5 speed the A/C did not work, I bought a new compressor and condenser from Griffiths and had it installed. The A/C would run continuously and the controls had no effect. There is a wire from the compressor that runs up the front of the engine on the passenger side by the dip stick; I disconnected this wire to stop the compressor to prevent draining the battery. My research has led me to conclude that I may need to replace the A/C control head to fix this problem.

The control head is pretty expensive so I would like to get some feedback from anyone with experience with this sort of issue before I go forward.

Good news on other issues…my car has the wrong muffler installed. Last year I asked the group about a RMB for my car. The bad news was that RMB’s are not available for models previous to 86.5 my research in that area led me to one conclusion…install a BORLA cat back exhaust. The parts are here and I’m taking my machine to get it installed Monday, May 14…can’t wait to get it back!

Glenn Simpson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2012 10:44 #9140 by 928mac
I can't guild you with the heater control issue but congrats on the Borla exhaust. That should sound great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!