warning light is coming on alot now

More
17 May 2012 20:22 #9200 by tedder
When I first got the 1986 S the warning light would come on once in a while. Now its on almost all the time and sometimes blinks on/off when I hit a bump. No other indicators are showing on the dash. What could it be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 22:03 #9203 by pcar928fan
Probably one of the indicator lights is burned out and that is the one that is faulting... You need to check that ASAP. When you turn the key to the aux position all the dash lights should be on and your owners manual will tell you what/where each light is. You can see if any are burned out. Also if it the systems thinks your engine oil pressure is low it will blink, it will blink if it thinks your alt voltage is to low and I think the T-belt warning gets it blinking too.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
18 May 2012 09:01 #9208 by 928mac
I think it is in the tips section where you can find the owners manuals. They are at the top when you open one of the forums.

More
24 May 2012 14:27 #9299 by tedder

When I first got the 1986 S the warning light would come on once in a while. Now its on almost all the time and sometimes blinks on/off when I hit a bump. No other indicators are showing on the dash. What could it be?

I filled up my radiator reservoir with coolent and the light doesn't come on as much. I surmise it may come on occasionally as a low voltage warning - when I am running both air conditioners the quage will bounce around 10 volts.

More
24 May 2012 18:24 #9302 by pcar928fan
Yup, it will turn on with Low Voltage and low Oil Pressure!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!