78 928 heater/ac control

• monte928
  • monte928's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2010 19:40 #703 by monte928
78 928 heater/ac control was created by monte928
trying to install a used one in good cond. My problem is the person that had the car before me cut all the wires and I need a wiring dia. to reconnect the new one, I got the vac. lines fig. out and I got all the wire plugs both ends Iam not sure what goes where. can anyone HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2010 08:32 #708 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic 78 928 heater/ac control
www.cannell.co.uk/928_Workshop_Manuals/1...20Flow%20Diagram.pdf

Above is a complete wiring diagram for your car. If that doesn't solve it for you, just let me know and I would be more than happy to post my own schematic for you with a picture or two. I believe the climate control functions are the same in my car. I would have to find out first but I think I can help.

More
27 Aug 2010 15:07 #762 by mrrodfitz
Replied by mrrodfitz on topic 78 928 heater/ac control
HVAC controls & vents work fine, however, every now & then when I turn the a/c on, fan full speed, no air comes out; later, works fine.

Also, there's airflow only when the vent is open; when closed, nothing. Is the duct hose out of alignment?

Lastsly, where can I get new knobs for the sliders?

More
27 Aug 2010 15:36 #766 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic 78 928 heater/ac control

HVAC controls & vents work fine, however, every now & then when I turn the a/c on, fan full speed, no air comes out; later, works fine.

Also, there's airflow only when the vent is open; when closed, nothing. Is the duct hose out of alignment?

Lastsly, where can I get new knobs for the sliders?

The system changes air flow based on a vacuum system. Cracks in bladders can cause issues. I would suggest reviewing the hvac vacuum system.

Buttons for the sliders are available as I recall. I would hope any of the good 928 vendors can help you.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!