dash light replacement

More
21 Mar 2013 20:08 #13967 by patanna2
The dash lights on the right side (oil pressure and voltage indicator) are out they seem impossible to get at without removing the dash. Is there an easy way to get at them for replacing the bulbs? I don't think it matters but it's an 81 stick shift

Pat forums.928oc.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 20:46 #13969 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic dash light replacement
Nope!,,,not the dash though, just the POD,

Dwayne has a great write up on it that I used before.

dwaynesgarage.norcal928.org

Just take your time and while you are in there, check or replace all the bulbs. If they are not bad they are probably dim and yellow. You can get a kit for them from Jager Engineering among others and change the bulb style as well. He also sells kits to put a ring around each gauge,,,nice touch

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
25 Mar 2013 14:57 #14023 by patanna2
Replied by patanna2 on topic dash light replacement
Thanks for the info but it seems like a hell of a lot of work to replace a bulb. I think I'll live with the problem for a while.

Pat

More
25 Mar 2013 21:04 #14030 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic dash light replacement

Thanks for the info but it seems like a hell of a lot of work to replace a bulb. I think I'll live with the problem for a while.

Pat

The first time, or even the second and third time, is a pain. After a couple dozen times, I am comfortable enough now to take my pod apart as part of the morning routine while getting ready for work. :p

Seriously, I would suggest doing it when you have a couple of hours to spare and you are in the mood. Odds are that you will have to or want to remove it more than once during your ownership, so the sooner you get comfortable with it the better IMO.

How is the odometer gear? That would be a worthwhile WYAIT fix that might further motivate you.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!