Fuel Injector cleaning

• ahspros
  • ahspros's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Oct 2013 09:48 #16135 by ahspros
Fuel Injector cleaning was created by ahspros
Have 86.5 928s with rough idle. Installed new plugs, plug wires, new rotor and distributor caps, still rough idle. I feel the injectors are clogged and need cleaning. Getting the cleaner and hose from Ford. But I am not sure where to connect the cleaner on the fuel rail. Just for grins where is the connection point?

Walt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the flying scotsman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
19 Oct 2013 10:00 #16136 by the flying scotsman
Replied by the flying scotsman on topic Fuel Injector cleaning
theres a test port on the end of the passenger fuel rail but that for testing fuel pressure.....I just pull the injectors and send them away.

More
22 Oct 2013 20:51 #16158 by mm928
Replied by mm928 on topic Fuel Injector cleaning
I see you have an 86.5 too bad becuase I do not know, I have an 83 and it is at the end of the fuel rail on the passenger side facing the front of the car.

I had a BG service using that port and along with the BG gas service, it made a tremendous difference for sure, especially if it has never been done before! There are specific BG products for both services. It was worth it. In fact I had one doen at Frenzy 2 years ago. Ran like a scalded cat afterwards.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
15 Nov 2013 13:19 #16263 by N2O-928
Replied by N2O-928 on topic Fuel Injector cleaning
Hi before you remove the injectors and clean them (it's the only way to be sure) have you checked the Fuel Pressure Regulator and the two fuel pressure dampeners for leaks?

These usually will fail way before an injector, also typical injector failure is a leak and a Fuel pressure test should show this if the system is not holding pressure.

Rough idle: O2 sensor and or MAF, Vacuum leak, Fuel pressure issue/leak/injector.

Sounds like you did the Ignition, good job :)

Dave K

More
03 Jan 2014 12:50 #16517 by 1989porsche928
Replied by 1989porsche928 on topic Fuel Injector cleaning
Their is a lot of rebuilt BOSH injectors on Ebay with warranties. If you buy off of Ebay make sure you get someone with good reviews. Cleaning can be expensive, some people want $20 per injector.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!