Acceleration not clean

More
01 Sep 2010 18:57 #833 by CARLO
Acceleration not clean was created by CARLO
Hi,

One other issue, on accerating I get a pulsing or hesitation throughout the RPM range up to 4000, haven't taken it higher. New fuel pump, fuel filter, coil, K&N air cleaner and dist cap. I used some Techron thru a tank of fuel hoping it might clean the injectors but didn't help. Plugs look nice and light brown. NOTE>>>THIS CAR SAT FOR 4 YEARS when I bought it, did not run. I thought I would:

1. Remove injectors and have them tested and cleaned.

2. Replace new injector seals.

3. New SP Wires.

Any suggestions ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2010 19:26 #836 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Acceleration not clean
I suggest you provide specific car information as it will vary widely, 928, 928S, 928S4, etc. years, US or ROW.

More
01 Sep 2010 19:56 #837 by Brett928S2
Replied by Brett928S2 on topic Acceleration not clean
Hi :)

Suggestions....

New rotor arm, new plugs and maybe new leads....

All the best Brett :)

More
01 Sep 2010 21:41 #841 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Acceleration not clean
Definitely check the injectors before you bother doing anything else. Also, check your vacuum with a vacuum gauge. This could also reveal a blocked catalytic converter. Exhaust back pressure can cause hesitation. Might not be a bad idea to go ahead and get a new O2 sensor too.

Can you be a bit more descriptive about the hesitation? Also, do the symptoms change once warm?

More
03 Sep 2010 08:44 #848 by CARLO
Replied by CARLO on topic Acceleration not clean
Thanks for the replys.

The car is a US 1983S, I also replaced the rotor. Warm or cold as you give it more gas and the revs go up it's not a clean acceleration, tends to pulse, hard to explain. I will try all your suggestions one at a time to see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks again.

More
03 Sep 2010 12:25 #850 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Acceleration not clean
Vacuum leaks are a big issue with 928s, as suggested here, a small crack in a intake boot may allow unmetered air to enter the intake, so I would put this near the top of the list, particularly if the car has sat for quite a while.

I had an '82 that would barely run, because the intake had loose clamps on the intake boots to the runners.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!