More
17 Jul 2014 10:36 #17551 by gregn928
test topic was created by gregn928
Hello everyone,

This is a test of the new forum.

Greg Nichols
1987 928S4
928OC Charter Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2014 12:56 #17553 by Gary Knox
Replied by Gary Knox on topic test topic
Greg,

I hope the 'new forum' passed the test. I'm sure I'm not capable of passing.

Cheers,

Gary-

More
08 Sep 2014 12:19 #17573 by linderpat
Replied by linderpat on topic test topic
for some reason, most of my history was wiped out in this most recent update. Why the need for a change? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the prior forum. Why no warning? I check in to this site fairly regularly, and I don't recall seeing any discussion of re-doing this forum. Isn't member input encouraged?

This is why this site will never be an acceptable replacement for Rennlist, or even Pelican. This is the second time in a number of years that a reformat has killed my history and dropped me to the status of "new member" even though I have been a member since 2003 (with a 2 year hiatus in 04-05).

More
08 Sep 2014 13:28 #17574 by lanier
Replied by lanier on topic test topic
working

More
08 Sep 2014 13:54 #17575 by dlbass93
Replied by dlbass93 on topic test topic
Hey linderpat,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new site. Hopefully we can get them resolved for you.
I have tracked down two existing accounts for you on the new site. The account you are currently posting under is the only account that has any posts, and it is the account that migrated from the old forum. If you know any usernames you may have used on the old forum, we can attempt to query the database for all of your old posts and associate them with your current username on the new site.

2015 Red/Black Honda NC700X
2015 Brownstone Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2006 Black BMW F650gs
1998 Ascotgruen Metallic BMW 318i - LS Swap Project
1988 Grand Prix White Porsche 928 S4 - Almost There
1967 Marina Blue Chevrolet Camaro - Project
1957 White Chevrolet 4400 Flatbed - Project

More
08 Sep 2014 14:21 #17579 by linderpat
Replied by linderpat on topic test topic
I have well over 100 posts (since the last wipeout a few years back, where I lost all of the prior posts then). I only use this username ("linderpat") on all car forums and it has not been anything else. I see I have only 1 post now, even though a search will yield more. also, I note that none of the forum posts are current, but go back to over a month ago. I know this is not correct, as there has been activity since then.

More
08 Sep 2014 21:10 #17590 by billvvSU
Replied by billvvSU on topic test topic
Hi Ed,
I've been helping Derrick with the new website (I hope you like it - apart from the Forum..... :lol: )
I did a little database research and found that your username (linderpat) and id has 136 posts, and think I can shove it into the database with no side effects. That number would make you a 'Premium Member'. I've asked the software provider if I can do that and if so, I'll work on doing it for all of the users.

I don't know what the old post count tags were, but they are easily changed to mirror what was on the old forum, once we find out what they were and how many posts equaled which tag. We can even make up our own tag names. We could call the 100 post level "The Century Club", for example. Or "Master Word Mechanic".

It might take a few days, but I'm pretty sure it's doable.

More
09 Sep 2014 07:05 #17591 by he_mech_usmc
Replied by he_mech_usmc on topic test topic
I will say that I kinda like the layout, but yes, some warning would've been nice. It seems that my topic is still here but there are about a years worth of posts missing. I have also gone back to "new member" status.

You can be a mechanic or technician...The choice is in HOW you fix it, not THAT you fix it.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!