Need Parts Help! Two critical parts 'unavailable'...

More
11 Feb 2015 17:30 #17990 by PorscheBob
My 1987 928 S4 has now spent more time at the mechanic's garage than in mine since it was first delivered. If the qualified, highly skilled and experienced 928 mechanic working on it cannot source the last two parts he needs to finish the bumper to bumper 'sort out' I won't have either a front spoiler or A/C. The two parts I need are:

A/C suction hose 928.573.098.05

Front Spoiler Mounting bracket: 928.505.059.03 (absolutely critical that I get the part number ending in '03'. The '02' is the wrong bracket even though it's supposedly listed as correct for a 1987).

Any ideas out there? Used source, NOS, new parts? Anyone know of a fabricator who can build the parts from a technical drawings? I have run out of options...

BA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2015 19:54 #17991 by jmwise
What resources has your mechanic turned to? Has he tried Roger Tyson at 928sRUs.com or Mark Anderson at 928Intl.com for OEM parts?

I'd bet Greg Brown at Precision Motorwerks could build you a "better than stock" A/C suction hose - www.precisionmtrwerks.com (I'm running his dual oil cooler hose setup myself)

Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair

More
11 Feb 2015 20:31 #17992 by PorscheBob
Jarod:

Thanks...yes we have tried both 928 Int (where I usually go first) and 928sRUs as well as Auto Atlanta, Jim Ellis, Gaudin, and Pelican as well as a tremendous number of parts brokers in the hopes of finding a spoiler mounting spare bracket but no dice. I was surprised to find the hose was going to be easier to get hold of than the bracket. If Rex at DC Automotive can't find me a used A/C suction hose, I am guessing you are correct that the guys at precisionmtrwerks will be able to build me one. Of course that latter choice ain't likely to be cheap. But if you want to dance with Porsche you have to be prepared to pay for more than one band most of the time...

BA.

More
15 Feb 2015 17:23 #17996 by mm928
There is a Porsche tear down place in California... but they are not cheap either. I assume you have posted on all forums already. Good luck, indeed fabrication is not something we are unfamiliar with from time to time.

1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -

More
18 Feb 2015 00:30 #18004 by 928mac
It might be cheaper to find a parts car, take what you need and resell it minus those parts

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!