New to me 78 928 Euro

More
12 Oct 2015 21:56 #18532 by wesbode
:unsure: Just took delivery of a well kept and taken care of 928 Euro. I need this machine to be as road ready as possible. I do my own maintenance and She came with a set of shop manuals, what I need from the owners is guidance as to what to address in preparation before an extended road trip, and what to take along in regard to tools and parts. I'd like to understand the fuel injection better previous owner said it is one of the best? Electrical grounds are mentioned, any guidance here would be appreciated too. Thanks and hope to see some of you one the open road. Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2015 20:39 #18537 by JohnnyDiesel
Replied by JohnnyDiesel on topic New to me 78 928 Euro
In reference to the grounds, i rescued my car after 12 years sitting outside. Simply cleaned all electrical connections on relays, fuses, harness and the chassis straps. After cleaning, use dielectric grease to prevent any further corrosion and you should be all set. You can also add ground straps to the engine in the engine bay so that its easier to service them later. Dont forget the fuel pump leads as well. Also, invest in a voltage tester, thats accurate for troubleshooting any problems. Check the alternator connections as well, as they get a lot of weather and can even come loose. This procedure will take you a couple of hours, but will prevent headaches down the road. Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!