Formuling France hub for 928??

More
03 Oct 2010 16:23 #1494 by Pcplod
Formuling France hub for 928?? was created by Pcplod
Anyone know where I can get a hub to fit a Formuling France steering wheel to my 86.5 928?? I have looked around but nothing is available for these wheels anymore. I assume they went under or something, but I love the wheel and would like to put it in my car....

Thanks for the input!
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2010 16:26 #1495 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Formuling France hub for 928??
Is that the brand and actual model of the steering wheel?
If not, do you know what they are?

If you can provide dimensions of what is needed, someone might be able to compare those to adapters to see if one could be used, or modified to be used. I think I have a momo somewhere to compare to.

More
03 Oct 2010 16:54 #1496 by Pcplod
Replied by Pcplod on topic Formuling France hub for 928??

Is that the brand and actual model of the steering wheel?
If not, do you know what they are?

If you can provide dimensions of what is needed, someone might be able to compare those to adapters to see if one could be used, or modified to be used. I think I have a momo somewhere to compare to.

Stan,

The Formuling is weird because it has 9 screws attaching the wheel to the hub. Here is a picture of a wheel so you can see the arrangement. I will go out to the garage and measure it to see what the hub measurements are. This has always been my favorite wheel, although it does not look as cool as some today, and I would love to be able to use it again.

Attached files [img]media/attachments/1541=136-Formuling.jpg[/img]

More
03 Oct 2010 17:34 #1497 by Pcplod
Okay, measured the wheel. From #1 to #4 (1/3rd of the way around) is 3 5/16", the hub is about 4 1/4" across, and just going from #1 to #2 is about 1 5/16".

I guess I could just get a new wheel, but this one has some sentimental value, so if anyone knows a way that I could use it, I would be a happy camper. :D Otherwise, I guess I will put it on the wall and go buy a Momo. :cool:

Attached files [img]media/attachments/1542=137-PA030025.jpg[/img]

More
03 Oct 2010 19:48 #1498 by srshaw3

Okay, measured the wheel. From #1 to #4 (1/3rd of the way around) is 3 5/16", the hub is about 4 1/4" across, and just going from #1 to #2 is about 1 5/16".

I guess I could just get a new wheel, but this one has some sentimental value, so if anyone knows a way that I could use it, I would be a happy camper. :D Otherwise, I guess I will put it on the wall and go buy a Momo. :cool:

Do you have the adapter that it came with? I would expect you could have some weld the top half of that adapter to the bottom half of a Momo adapter. You would need to get a Momo adapter for a 928 and then cut it apart.

Keep in mind that there is a reasonable chance that an adapter for your wheel to the 928 never existed.

More
04 Oct 2010 17:37 #1511 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Formuling France hub for 928??
If you send me the wheel and a Momo adapter for a 928 I'll make it work for you fairly easily. Ed

More
04 Oct 2010 19:32 #1515 by srshaw3

If you send me the wheel and a Momo adapter for a 928 I'll make it work for you fairly easily. Ed

Thanks for offering help out Ed ;)

More
04 Oct 2010 20:25 #1520 by Pcplod
Thanks for the offer Ed!!

I also had Jerry Feather over on RL offer to manufacture me one from some stock that he has and an original 928 steering wheel. I don't have an old wheel or a Momo hub, but if I can get the hub cheaper, I would be happy to send it to you!

Either way, thanks for being willing to help out a guy on a quest!! :D

More
18 Nov 2010 01:44 #2069 by Pcplod
I got my wheel back from Jerry Feather last week and installed it. He did an AMAZING job fabbing me a hub for my old Formuling wheel and I am so proud of the great job that he did that I wanted to show it off to everyone.

One of the shots is from above through the windshield to show the lightening holes that he put in to match the style of the wheel. The finished product looks absolutely amazing (already had a ton of compliments on it) and Jerry's work is fantastic!

I have had this wheel since I was 16 and this is the 4th car it has been in. It is absolutely the most comfortable wheel (for me) that I have ever felt...it just seems to fit me.

Attached files [img]media/attachments/2123=176-PB130093.jpg[/img] [img]media/attachments/2123=175-PB130099.jpg[/img]

More
18 Nov 2010 06:58 #2070 by srshaw3
happiness is having it your way :)

More
18 Nov 2010 09:25 #2072 by Pcplod

happiness is having it your way :)

Absolutely! :D

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!