Unlocking factory phone

• jdickson
  • jdickson's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 May 2020 16:10 #21205 by jdickson
Unlocking factory phone was created by jdickson
My 1993 GTS has a factory phone. In replacing the battery, I forgot to turn off the phone when disconnecting the battery. The phone is now "locked." According to the manual there is a 4 digit code to enter into the phone to unlock (much like the radio code). I have never replaced the factory code with a personal code, and the dealer is unable to assist.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the factory code was to unlock my phone?

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2020 20:37 #21207 by Rich928
Replied by Rich928 on topic Unlocking factory phone
Welcome jdickson,

Wow, that is a rare option. I would guess that the code would have been included with the original documentation package provided along side the user's manual package. I purchased my 1993 928 GTS new and do have the radio unlock-code.

I guess a question to be answered is do the cell providers in your area even support the analog standard that is the interface for the in-car phone? If not, unlocking it isn't really needed.

Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

More
16 May 2020 02:24 #21209 by nluk100
Replied by nluk100 on topic Unlocking factory phone
Have you tried the usual factory codes from that era as security was less of a concern back in the '90s. i.e. 0000 1234 or 1111?

'89 928 GT

• jdickson
  • jdickson's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 May 2020 11:36 #21220 by jdickson
Replied by jdickson on topic Unlocking factory phone
Thank you for the replies. I have tried these 3 "usual codes" without success. This same "locked" situation took place about 15 years ago, when i was replacing the original battery in the car, and I look the phone to a local cell phone dealer and he unlocked the phone in about 15 seconds. The mistake was not asking what the code was that unlocked my phone at that very moment, as the owners manual does not include the telephone code (as it does for the radio code). Sprint actually works on an analog basis in my area!

If anyone has other "common codes" that might unlock the factory Fugitsu pocket commander phone, please send my way.

More
19 May 2020 08:04 #21221 by nluk100
Replied by nluk100 on topic Unlocking factory phone

'89 928 GT

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!