Problem with engine do a flex plate.

More
02 Jun 2020 05:12 #21250 by Christian
Hello.

I am new on this forum.
I have an engine problem problem with my 928 S4 automatic do a flex plate failure. My mechanic saids the all engine needs to be remplaced for a certified rebuild one. I have been going though the web and I have found rebuild kits, but I am looking for the coplete engine. Here is my question, Does any of you know where I can buy a certified rebuild engine?. I am in Spain so I would like to know any workshop in Europe prferably to look for. But if there isn't I would consider to buy in the States.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards to every one on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 06:59 #21277 by Rich928
Hello Christian,
Welcome and sorry to hear of your problem. I am not aware of any company, perhaps other than Porsche, that keeps a new or completely rebuilt Porsche 928 engine in stock ready to ship. The best solution would be to source a good used engine and have a mechanic perform a complete rebuild. Here in the USA companies like 928 International have complete used 928 engines in stock.

For those who may not be aware of what I think the problem is. Here it is described as due to the flex plate, but I believe it is the thrust bearing failed due to pressure from the flex plate.

I wrote an article about releasing the pressure on the flex plate, see the attachment.

This is a periodic maintenance issue that I recommend on 1985 and newer Porsche 928s equipped with automatic transmissions.

Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian

More
16 Jun 2020 04:08 #21288 by Christian
Thank you very much for your help, it's very mych appreciated..

Regards.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!