Info on Scan tools

More
06 Oct 2010 13:11 #1560 by OBehave
Replied by OBehave on topic Info on Scan tools
Thanks for posting this Brad. I have a SharkTuner but still haven't had sufficient time to hook it up and play with it. Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2010 13:59 #1564 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Info on Scan tools
I use the Hammer several times a week, great tool but nothing like an OBDII, the computing power back then wasn't like it is today. It will tell you a lot of things but won't go in to huge detail on minor things like you were asking about in RL.

It will tell you if all the engine sensors are working, knocking, load signals, ABS, Airbag, PSD, A/C clutch.

More
07 Oct 2010 10:08 #1576 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic Info on Scan tools

I use the Hammer several times a week, great tool but nothing like an OBDII, the computing power back then wasn't like it is today. It will tell you a lot of things but won't go in to huge detail on minor things like you were asking about in RL.

It will tell you if all the engine sensors are working, knocking, load signals, ABS, Airbag, PSD, A/C clutch.

Sean am I better to just buy a snap-on or mac mentor and get the correct cartridge and connector.

More
07 Oct 2010 17:09 #1591 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Info on Scan tools
I doubt they have a set up on those that will work for our cars. That's also a lot of $$. Do I want one? Hell yes, but for other cars.

I'd stick with the ones we have avail to us. I prefer the hammer for diag, and ST for tuning.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!