Headlights

• brookie
  • brookie's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2021 02:55 #21727 by brookie
Headlights was created by brookie
Hi all,new to the site and 928s but I have a Strange one here.the pop up headlights on my 1989 s4 go up and down but don’t come on at all high or low beam but then the other morning in the garage I tried them again and they worked perfectly but that is the one and only time they have worked since I bought the car.I understand that the headlight circuit is quite complex so any one else had this problem or any suggestions on what could be wrong thanks

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2021 03:35 #21728 by nluk100
Replied by nluk100 on topic Headlights
Hi, all UK cars of that era have an aftermarket (fitted by the Porsche dealer) alarm / immobiliser. It could be that you hadn't turned the immobiliser off correctly when you tried the first time as I've found that this interrupts quite a few circuits including the fan (which had my hunting round for a few hours wondering why this wasn't working!)

'89 928 GT

• brookie
  • brookie's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2021 14:00 #21731 by brookie
Replied by brookie on topic Headlights
Thanks for the suggestion I’ll look into that but I don’t think it is that as I’ve been driving the car and it is used regularly and the headlights have never worked apart from that one and only time .the lights in the bumper work fine just not the pop ups

More
25 Jan 2021 04:44 #21742 by nluk100
Replied by nluk100 on topic Headlights
First place to look is the headlight relay - can you hear it clicking when you turn the dipped beams on?

'89 928 GT

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!