Driver side entrance

• CARLO
  • CARLO's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2010 17:44 #115 by CARLO
Driver side entrance was created by CARLO
I'm new to the club and have a few issues with a recently purchased 1983.

1. I cannot open the driver side door from the outside, seams like it is locked, but key won't open either. From the inside, door opens, piece of cake. I've got the panel off but didn't want to dismantle without seeking some insight. 2. Not sure if the auto lock system works, probably due to above issue.

Also, not sure what shape the timing belt is in, is there a way to examine it without removing it ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adminVB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Feb 2010 21:19 #116 by adminVB
Replied by adminVB on topic Driver side entrance
I moved this topic, as the forum it was posted to was for technical tips (as in solutions). No big deal, but just so all understand.

Greg's site has information on removing the door lock at nichols.nu/cat04.htm
Is it possible that the key is not the right one for the lock? Seems like having multiple keys for 928s is common. I had that problem on my '90, so sent the key and lock to 928 Intl and they rekeyed the lock to match the key, so now all locks work off of one key.

With regard to the timing belt, not a big issue on an '83, as it is a non-interence motor (unless a Euro S with carbon buildup on the pistons, or perhaps a modified motor). If it breaks you get stranded but no harm to the motor. You can review the condition by removing the timing belt covers. Some good tips on Greg's site for the timing belt as well: nichols.nu/cat03.htm

• CARLO
  • CARLO's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2010 19:12 #117 by CARLO
Replied by CARLO on topic Driver side entrance
Thanks for the help.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!