!978 cold start up IDLE/RUN PROBLEM

More
07 Mar 2010 08:22 #127 by vze2jshn
My "78, 928 starts but idles very low and doesnot rev and spits or pops sometimes when attempting to rev up. Can drive around the block but engine seems to be in later ecu models limp mode until after 15 minutes when eng warms and full rev power, driveability,etc.returns. I had a new warm up regulator on the shelf so replaced it -same problem. Fuel pressures are fine when warm up because it runs well then. Bosch fuel injection book doesnot mention this situation specifically in trouble shooting. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

Best regards, Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2010 15:44 #155 by Kiln_Red
Your symptoms are unusual for a car of your year model. If your car was equipped with the later L-jet system then I'd be suspecting the "temp II" sensor as a possible fault. Have you checked your vacuum?

More
03 Apr 2010 15:50 #156 by srshaw3
This would be CIS, correct?

Have you reviewed the fuel distributor?

I saw one that had problems when cold, and under load, because the filter screen in the fuel distributor line was clogged. Might be unrelated, but often it isn't recognized that there is a filter there.

More
04 Apr 2010 11:54 #157 by vze2jshn
Isolated faulty auxiliary air valve--replaced with used one from 928 intl. This particular problem went away. Thanks for responses. Greg

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!