Front windshield

More
16 Apr 2011 07:48 #4454 by Bilal Hasan
Front windshield was created by Bilal Hasan
Is the windshield the same for all years? I have a 1990 S4, what is the OEM manufacturer and did the glass for that year come on different colors?
Where is the best place to get the glass changed? Any cost experience would be great.
Thanks
Bilal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2011 08:34 #4455 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Front windshield
They are not the same for all years, but yours is a standard one that should be easy to source one for. I don't know your location, but Roger at 928sRus has a dozen or so in stock. If you had an 85-88/89 (can't remember exact years) it would have had the radio antenna in the windshield.

Color wise most are green except some that came with a brownish tint.

More
16 Apr 2011 21:54 #4459 by Bilal Hasan
Replied by Bilal Hasan on topic Front windshield
My car is a 1990 S4 and it looks like a greenish tint with a dark green strip on the top. Safelite did not have any and after contacting the dealer quoted me $1950. No way am I spending that kind of money.
Bilal

More
16 Apr 2011 23:52 #4460 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Front windshield
That dealer quote sounds like the Bronze tint cost or maybe the one with the antenna in it, but that is certainly WAY, WAY, WAY high for what should be an easy to come by green windshield...

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
17 Apr 2011 05:05 #4462 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Front windshield
A few years ago. I had mine replaced with a Pilkinton windshields. A representative on the west coast as I recall found a deal for a number of us at $295 plus installation. You could contact Michelle at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if she is still out there and see if she is still doing the work.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!