downshift vibration

More
01 May 2011 10:15 #4643 by crw28
downshift vibration was created by crw28
I recently installd a new clutch,pressure plate and release bearing in my 1993 GTS. When down shifting I sometimes had what feels like clutch chatter. Since the flywheel was not resurfaced we had that done but the problem remains. My mechanic thinks it may be the psd differential which I believe he installed synthetic oil in when the car was commissioned this spring. Any thoughts? Cliff Old Lyme, CT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2011 11:09 #4646 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic downshift vibration

I recently installd a new clutch,pressure plate and release bearing in my 1993 GTS. When down shifting I sometimes had what feels like clutch chatter. Since the flywheel was not resurfaced we had that done but the problem remains. My mechanic thinks it may be the psd differential which I believe he installed synthetic oil in when the car was commissioned this spring. Any thoughts? Cliff Old Lyme, CT

Hi Cliff,

So you had the flywheel resurfaced and the down shift (I assume hard) chatter remains? Is that right?

Hmmm
OK we need more info.

When did you first notice the chatter? and did it show up after parts were changed, or did it show up before, gradually over time?

Tell me as much as you can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!