Pin Removal Tool

• PaulM
  • PaulM's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 May 2011 14:07 #4732 by PaulM
Pin Removal Tool was created by PaulM
OK Guys - I'm baffled (not all that unusual). I have been in the process of dismantling some of the 84 928S to get it stripped down for the paint shop. I have run across several wire connectors (the windshield washer heater wires and the side view mirror control and heater wires that separate from the harnesses at a multiple pin connector. In order to remove the wires, they have to go through relatively small holes in grommets or the mirror mount assembly and they will not fit with their connector attached. I have several connector removal tools but none of them seem to work with the Porsche connectors. Am I missing something or do I need a special removal tool? A couple of my tools seem to fit but they will not release the pins. I sure would like to avoid cutting off the connectors and the having to use butt end crimp connectors. Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2011 14:33 #4733 by SeanR
Replied by SeanR on topic Pin Removal Tool
One of my favorite tool sets is one from Snap-on that has 5 or 6 different electrical pin tools. Anything you want to dismantle on a wiring harness, this will help.

buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?store=s...=11272&group_ID=1465

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!