Check Coolant Level - 89 S4

• sgfung
  • sgfung's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Jul 2011 21:47 #5529 by sgfung
Check Coolant Level - 89 S4 was created by sgfung
I have a 89' S4. I had a slow and steady coolant leak. I had the hose and expansion tank replaced. I don't notice any leak (at least not on the ground) any more. However, the computer display would show "Check Coolant Level" after driving the car for 10 to 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 23:30 #5531 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic Check Coolant Level - 89 S4
it may need to be bled of air. There is a mention of the process of clearing the air in the tip at nichols.nu/tip329.htm

More
21 Jul 2011 21:51 #5675 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic Check Coolant Level - 89 S4

I have a 89' S4. I had a slow and steady coolant leak. I had the hose and expansion tank replaced. I don't notice any leak (at least not on the ground) any more. However, the computer display would show "Check Coolant Level" after driving the car for 10 to 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Coolant leaks are no matter to take lightly. You need to quickly and confidently source the leak and address it. I would advise you not to drive the car any longer until you are certain that you don't have an internal water leak of any kind. Check first for mixing fluids. Water in oil or oil in water. Go to the parts store and get an analyzer if necessary. If you check the oil soon after you run the car, you will easily tell if your oil is contaminated. It will appear like chocolate milk on your dipstick if there is coolant in the oil pan.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!