Need Help From The Experts

• babromovage
  • babromovage's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2011 05:29 #6790 by babromovage
Need Help From The Experts was created by babromovage
I am now working on the windshield washer pumps and have a few questions. Is there a fuse or relay for the any of them? Cannot seem to note any on the layout. Also, will the front motor behind the front bumper also spray the windshield?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2011 07:42 #6793 by WyattsRide
Replied by WyattsRide on topic Need Help From The Experts

I am now working on the windshield washer pumps and have a few questions. Is there a fuse or relay for the any of them? Cannot seem to note any on the layout. Also, will the front motor behind the front bumper also spray the windshield?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Brian,
Here is a link to the fuse/relay chart for your 86.

www.928gt.com/default5.htm

It doesn't look like there is a relay or fuse for the main WW pump. Only for the intensive pump IX (front bumper) and headlamp pump XIX (under the main reservoir). Fuse #25 for the headlamp pump.

The original setup of the WW system has the intensive pump line merge into the main pump line. If the your setup is original, then yes the intensive pump will spray the windshield. That is how I use my WW system right now. I just put some regular fluid in the intensive pump reservoir. I needed my WW to work for state inspection and I couldn't get the main pump to work (something I'm going to look into again this winter) so this was my temp. fix. For as much as I use the WW, this has been fine for 2 years.

Here's another good link to look at.

www.nichols.nu/tip153.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!