Blue is BACK

More
13 Jan 2012 21:58 #7768 by lrpman
Blue is BACK was created by lrpman
Thanks to an ALERT middleman that handled the car when I was out of town for me. I WAS saved when the $3,800.00 CHECK that was given as the balance for the car BOUNCED.
He did not hand over the car or title until the check cleared. He used his bank since I had the buyer make out the check to him in my absence and we sort of swap out stuff.
It is Back !
1982 928 Cash offer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2012 07:58 #7769 by martinss
Replied by martinss on topic Blue is BACK
I can't believe the bad luck saga you've had with this car. Hopefully you'll actually get it sold. Good luck!

More
14 Jan 2012 08:49 #7771 by lrpman
Replied by lrpman on topic Blue is BACK

I can't believe the bad luck saga you've had with this car. Hopefully you'll actually get it sold. Good luck!

This is the NORMAL when selling items that are not 100% sorted.
This is a mechanically sorted car that needs the cosmetics done or just put on seat covers and drive.
The folks on this forum understand a car that needs to be finished but most of the people do not.
The problem I have had is a good education on what the NON Porsche people think.
1. Porsche never made a V8 back in 1982
2. Water Cooled Porsche was not a REAL Porsche it was an Audi with a Porsche Badge
3. Porsche never had a Front Engine car just the Audi with the Porsche Badge
4. It is a KIT CAR, a rice grinder with a body kit and markings
Then the other side
1. Can not get parts, car is to old
2. No support for the car for technical problems
3. Everything is to expensive and hard to find
4. Insurance is to much
5. It is not a 5 speed
This is the gambit of trying to educate and sell to the rice grinder generation.
If I can not get it sold by the end of the month, plates expire and state property taxes are due, I will take the car to my Florida house and put it away till I have the time to finish it.

More
14 Jan 2012 16:28 #7777 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic Blue is BACK
George, if you were not all the way in SC, I'd buy this car from you! I swear I would!

It would be the Austin Region 928 OC "Loaner Program Car"!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
14 Jan 2012 16:46 #7778 by pcar928fan
I am the current high bidder on your car! :)

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
14 Jan 2012 17:08 #7780 by lrpman

Good Luck on it RESERVE is What I was asking on this Forum.

More
14 Jan 2012 19:56 #7786 by pcar928fan
I figured that is where you had it... I am below that... Really just hoping to help you get things rolling and maybe get this thing sold. Not sure what I would do w/ it if I ended up buying it... Like I said, I would probably lend it out to my closest 928 friends for them to drive if their cars went down or to my good non-928 friends who found themselves in a bind... I have done that with my '81. It is still in the hands of a good friend now...he has had it for FOUR YEARS!!! He takes good care of it for the most part and bring it by for me to see it from time to time too! :) I also lent that one out to another friend who was having work done to one of his cars that was going to take a few weeks. To say the '81 has "been around" would be an understatement! I'd do the same with this car...

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
14 Jan 2012 21:44 #7790 by martinss
Replied by martinss on topic Blue is BACK

Ok James - what is your abbreviated bidder code. I gotta watch this. :D

More
14 Jan 2012 22:27 #7793 by lrpman

I figured that is where you had it... I am below that... Really just hoping to help you get things rolling and maybe get this thing sold. Not sure what I would do w/ it if I ended up buying it... Like I said, I would probably lend it out to my closest 928 friends for them to drive if their cars went down or to my good non-928 friends who found themselves in a bind... I have done that with my '81. It is still in the hands of a good friend now...he has had it for FOUR YEARS!!! He takes good care of it for the most part and bring it by for me to see it from time to time too! :) I also lent that one out to another friend who was having work done to one of his cars that was going to take a few weeks. To say the '81 has "been around" would be an understatement! I'd do the same with this car...

James this one runs so well that you would not have to go RESCUE it on the side of the road. The MUST do on the car is a Switch for the sun roof, seat covers, I bought some from the parts house CHEAP. Talk nice to the A/C and it will work for you.
Nothing to hide on this car just need to get it to a new home since the 1984 is coming along well.

More
15 Jan 2012 12:59 #7796 by pcar928fan
I have a friend that shoots the calendar with me and owns an '04 GT3 and his fiance' is a professor at whatever college is in your town! He is out there every other weekend! He has been thinking about getting a 928 and I told him he ought to buy this one from you and either leave it there so he has a neat car to drive when he gets to town or drive it back here so we can all enjoy it with him...

If he is interested should I have him contact you? What was that last price you had it for here again? If that price works I'll let him know and maybe you can drop the ebay listing and just sell it to him. If he does not go for it at least I will have someone who can drive it back home for me! ;)

I have said all along I think this is a great deal for someone who wants a DD and is not interested in a concours car...I still feel that way!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!