WTB Good Rear Muffler for January 1978 Model

More
10 Mar 2015 15:41 #18075 by MarkP
Anybody got one? The car I bought has a couple rust holes in the back of the muffler. It just passed TX inspection like this but I'd like a perfect one, if such a thing exists.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2015 08:22 #18105 by dlbass93
You may have already checked with these guys first, but here it is anyway. I didn't find exactly what you're looking for, but maybe give them a call to see what they can do. There was an OB 928 in a salvage yard in south Mobile County Alabama a few months back...

shop.928intl.com/EXHAUST/products/111/
www.heritageautoparts.com/
www.928motorsports.com/parts/borla_exhaust.php

2015 Red/Black Honda NC700X
2015 Brownstone Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71
2006 Black BMW F650gs
1998 Ascotgruen Metallic BMW 318i - LS Swap Project
1988 Grand Prix White Porsche 928 S4 - Almost There
1967 Marina Blue Chevrolet Camaro - Project
1957 White Chevrolet 4400 Flatbed - Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkP

More
19 Mar 2015 22:52 #18109 by joejabq
Mark,
There's one off of an 88 on eBay right now

More
20 Mar 2015 15:43 #18110 by MarkP
Thanks Joe. Mine's from the first model year though. The '78 and '88 are very different, to the best of my knowledge. Plus I do want to retain originality - weird, I know.... It even has the original working radio and the roadside gloves are still heat-sealed in their bag, never opened in over 37 years....

More
20 Mar 2015 20:14 #18111 by joejabq

Thanks Joe. Mine's from the first model year though. The '78 and '88 are very different, to the best of my knowledge. Plus I do want to retain originality - weird, I know.... It even has the original working radio and the roadside gloves are still heat-sealed in their bag, never opened in over 37 years....

Fully understand! I just saw it and thought it might work for you. I get originality! I trying to do that too.

Hey, when you get a chance, could you post a picture of the co sole, including the radio? My is completely disassembled and I'd like to get a model to follow!

Thanks!

More
20 Mar 2015 21:09 - 20 Mar 2015 21:18 #18112 by MarkP
Getting a bit off topic but hey, It's a forum amongst friends... :)
Let's see if this works - higher def pics of what I posted already linked from my photobucket account. I don't have the car yet as the new clutch and a few other items still need to be taken care of. Will post better pics after I get the car safely ensconced in my own home... Click on the pics, will take you to photobucket. there just mouse over the pic to see the + sign and click on it to enlarge.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 20 Mar 2015 21:18 by MarkP. Reason: Instruction to see full sized picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joejabq

More
22 Mar 2015 17:57 #18116 by joejabq

Getting a bit off topic but hey, It's a forum amongst friends... :)

Mark,
Definitely off topic, but much needed! Thanks!

Good luck on the muffler each!
Have you tried this place?
www.20thstreetauto.com/index.htm
They seem get 928's

More
22 Mar 2015 21:02 #18123 by MarkP
Joe, just sent them an inquiry. Cheers!

More
23 Mar 2015 21:57 #18126 by MarkP
Joe, just ordered the Muffler from 20thstreetauto. Thanks again for the heads-up!

More
24 Mar 2015 21:59 #18132 by joejabq

Joe, just ordered the Muffler from 20thstreetauto. Thanks again for the heads-up!

You are very welcome! Let us know how it works out!
Joe

More
25 Mar 2015 22:58 #18145 by pcar928fan

Fully understand! I just saw it and thought it might work for you. I get originality! I trying to do that too.

Hey, when you get a chance, could you post a picture of the co sole, including the radio? My is completely disassembled and I'd like to get a model to follow!

Thanks!

Not about originality in this case. The difference between 16V and 32V is light years apart. They are not even CLOSE to interchangeable.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!