1986 German-built 5 speed Porsche for sale

More
28 Mar 2016 13:34 #18905 by cleesmart
German Porsche built in Stuttgart. Routinely serviced by Porsche mechanic and in solid mechanical shape. I drive it every week; registration is good through Oct. 2016. Great German five-speed manual transmission makes it fun to drive. Garnet red paint still looks nice but up close it's showing some cracking and chipping. The upholstery is really unusual - gray flannel pinstripe with black leather trim. The rear seats are in fine shape but the front seats need to be reupholstered. 138,000 miles and almost everything is original (it has a CD player, but I still have the original radio/cassette player. Also the additional set of rims for winter tires). This would be a unique, special car for someone who has the expertise and money to fully restore it. Unfortunately, I do not at this time so would like to see it go to someone who can do more for it that I can. You can look it up in the registry at - 1986 928 S/S2 RoW 1589 to see more on the specs and a picture of the car. Asking $6,000 firm.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 22:18 #18906 by jmwise
Your car looks nice. Can you post:
  • Any damage history
  • Where located
  • More pics, including interior shots and examples of the exterior chipping/cracking that you mentioned

Thanks!
Jarrod

Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair

More
29 Mar 2016 01:09 #18907 by cleesmart
Hi, thanks for the kind remarks. No damage history that I know of. I live in Alexandria, VA, right outside Washington DC. Will post interior and exterior pics tomorrow.

Cheryl

More
29 Mar 2016 11:23 #18908 by cleesmart
Added some pictures of interior and exterior that show what would need work. Most of the paint cracking is on the right rear panel, and the front bumper. The rear seat upholstery is intact, although naturally faded. The front upholstery is frayed and needs to be replaced. No structural problems anywhere, though. Pretty much all cosmetic.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
20 Apr 2016 19:01 #18960 by hlee96
Is this car still available?

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!