WTB Rear 6 speakers for a 91

More
11 Apr 2011 06:49 #4395 by Bilal Hasan
I have been working on cleaning up the PO's wiring nightmare. He replaced the rear 6" speakers with some after market 6" speakers and in the process threw away the crossover for the rear 2 speakers. I am looking for a pair of rear 6" speakers with the crossover for a 91. Let me know if anybody has them laying around.*I know that this set up was also on the 90.
Thanks
Bilal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2011 15:04 #4407 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic WTB Rear 6 speakers for a 91
When I replaced my 6" i am sure that I tossed it as well but I will check and if I find it I will let you know.

What I did was I used the JL 3 way cross over which I mounted in the door after removing the old 2 way cross over from the door.

Removed two/way, cut the studds off, siliconed the 3/way to the panel.

More
11 Apr 2011 16:45 #4412 by pcar928fan
Brad, you didn't actually screw the new speakers to the door panel then??? You actually siliconed them in place instead? Wonder if that would hold in the TX heat?!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
14 Apr 2011 18:14 #4440 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic WTB Rear 6 speakers for a 91

Brad, you didn't actually screw the new speakers to the door panel then??? You actually siliconed them in place instead? Wonder if that would hold in the TX heat?!

No James,

The speakers are mounted the same as the old ones but the cross-over that I replaced in the doors was a 2 way cross over which I replaced with a 3 way cross over so that it could feed the rear 6 inch speaker.

The wire from the stereo goes to the cross over (so its like power in)

there are 3 outs, highs, mids, lows.
tweeter, 5 inch in the door, 6 inch wire goes out through the door, under the rug back to the 6 inch behind you.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!