2013 ocic ??

• jcorenman
  • jcorenman's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2013 15:05 #13367 by jcorenman
2013 ocic ?? was created by jcorenman
We just got volume #3 of the newsletter, and many thanks to Jerry and James for putting that together. But one thing that took me completely by surprise was the announcement of a 2013 OCIC for the July 4th weekend in Colorado.

Holidays don't seem like the best time for a get-together, between traffic and family, and July 4th this year is impossible for us. We're disappointed, because Colorado would be great.

I appreciate how impossible it is to schedule anything with a large group, but it seems like there should be some discussion. If there was, and I missed it, then my apologies.

Cheers, Jim & Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2013 17:43 #13370 by ROG100
Replied by ROG100 on topic 2013 ocic ??
Crazy choice of 4th July - just think of the traffic even if you could talk the family into going/letting you go.

More
29 Jan 2013 17:53 #13372 by ROG100
Replied by ROG100 on topic 2013 ocic ??
Just a suggestion for consideration - for OCIC we always chose a date somewhere in the middle between SITM and Sharktoberfest - Hence August.

More
29 Jan 2013 18:36 #13376 by Jim M.
Replied by Jim M. on topic 2013 ocic ??
I'll go just because I'm a die hard 928 fan, plus it will get me away from the Texas heat for a few days. BUT, the 4th of July weekend seems like a poor choice of dates. It will be very difficult for families with annual GTG's. The 4th is a major holiday and lots of people plan for big family gatherings. :(

More
29 Jan 2013 18:44 #13378 by ammonman
Replied by ammonman on topic 2013 ocic ??
Glad to know the planning for the next OCIC is already underway. We had a blast at the 2012 event. We would love to come to Grand Junction for OCIC 2013 as I still have family in that area. However, 4th of July week is also out for us due to a prior family engagement in Montana that week. I agree with Jim that it is very difficult to pick a date for these things but coinciding with a major holiday isn't the best choice IMHO.

Mike

More
29 Jan 2013 22:21 #13382 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic 2013 ocic ??
There are two ways to look at it... One is that some folks only get off on holidays and may not be able to do an OCIC event at another time thus the 4th works for them.

Then there are the folks like everyone above this post, who would prefer it at another time. Jerry and I talked about this at length and I told him to check on hotel availability and see what happens and where things end up. Not sure there are other dates available in GJ around or near that date (after being better) so this may be it.

There will always be scheduling conflicts no matter what date is chosen and we are between SITM and Frenzy (which is well before SF). August does not work well for me, so July is better and 4th is great as I have to take fewer vacation days, but that is just me...This is a BIG YMMV.

Now, if we have a bunch of folks (like we already have) who can't make it don't don't hear from anyone who will come over the 4th but can't make another time then we will check on a new date. I think most of that is flexible with Hotel's being the issue, but since Jerry is really doing the leg work on this one I'll let him check in to it.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas on this.

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
02 Feb 2013 15:14 #13441 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic 2013 ocic ??
I'm a diehard 928 fan also, but July 4 this year is out for us as well. Vacations are already bid, money is spent, etc. Maybe for next year, except OCIC Canada is already on the horizon for next year, but not this year.

Seems kinda like having an office Christmas party on Christmas Day, take it or leave it?

More
18 Feb 2013 10:08 #13591 by Adamant1971
Replied by Adamant1971 on topic 2013 ocic ??
July 1st also a holiday up here. That week is a big vacation week for Canadians as well.

I personally think holidays should be avoided.

1987 S4 5 spd, LSD, Sport Seats

Daily Driver: 2008 SAAB 9-5 Aero CombiSport

More
02 Apr 2013 07:26 #14193 by rgs944
Replied by rgs944 on topic 2013 ocic ??
I am watching this and will try to make it but I aggree with most of the comments. I would like to see another weekend.

More
02 Apr 2013 17:58 #14206 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic 2013 ocic ??
Seems like the vocal folks would like a different weekend. It actually works better for me as a tie in to the holiday the company I work for provides/allows...

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!