OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction

• Feather
  • Feather's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2013 08:20 #13888 by Feather
OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction was created by Feather
The plans are well under way for the biggest 928 Event of the year right here in River City (Grand Junction, CO). As previoulsy announced, the Convention is set for July 4th (Thursday) through early Sunday the 7th. I have a contract with the Hotel, the Clarion Inn, and with a catering service for both the Coctail Party Thursday evening and the Banquet Saturday evening, both of which will be at the Catering facility about 3 miles from the Hotel.

In addition we are working on the plans for a combined Car Show, featuring, of course, the Porsche 928s of our owners, and also much of the local rod and custom "iron." This will be open to the Public. I think that is going to be an interesting event. That will be all day Saturday, also at the Catering location, and lunch will be provided to all the 928 conventioners who have their car in the show (and I hope that will include just about all of us.)

I spent part of yesterday laying out the second Major Event of the Convention, which will be a Tour over the Colorado National Monument which is right here near GJT. We will be doing that tour Friday morning. To encourage everyone to participate, I am going to make that into a Poker Run with a prize to be awarded at the Awards Banquet.

I am still waiting for the snow to go out so I can work on the details for the Mystery Paleontology Expedition. That will be Thurdsay afternooon for the early arrivals, or most of them, up to about 40, and then again for the others who do not arrive before about 1:00pn Thursday, for Friday afternoon. The others will be doing an excursion to Gateway Colorado, about 50 miles, mostly through an interesting Canyon, to have lunch and tour the Auto Museum there.

We are going to publish a complete description of this Convention for the Members in the next issue of The Shark Vibes to be coming out in about a week and a half, if I get it all compiled by then, and it will have a pre-registration form included. You will need to be a member of the 928 OC to come to this Convention, but you will be able to bring your family and/or your best friend with you who need not themselves be a member (unless you friend comes in his own 928 or other car or whatever). So, there will also be a membership application along with the Pre-registration form, just in case you or he needs it.

I am still working on the detail for the participation of any of the 928 or related Vendors to be an important part of this convention, and there will be a special Vendor Registration form for any who want to paticipate. The Extra Vendor Registration will be $200.

The individual Registration for all the attendees is going to be $45 per person, $30 for children 12 and under.

The Hotel rate is about $79 per nite plus taxes.

Watch for more details in TSV shortly.

If you are reading this and you are not a member of the OC, please send me your email address so I can send you a copy of the TSV with a Membership application, so you can get involved.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 15:34 #13891 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
Looking good Jerry! Thanks for all your hard work on this! I look forward to my first trip to GJC and my first trip back to CO since '98!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
16 Mar 2013 16:13 #13893 by jcorenman
Replied by jcorenman on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
This sounds great, Jerry, and we're disappointed that we won't be able to attend-- July 4th just isn't possible for us.

• Feather
More
16 Mar 2013 17:15 #13894 by Feather
Replied by Feather on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
I'm sorry, Jim, that we will be missing you and Sue. I'll look foreward to seeing both of you maybe at the next one.

More
17 Mar 2013 19:17 #13905 by pcar928fan
We will miss more than a few of the "regulars" and that makes me sad, but I hope we will pick up some that could not come unless they tie it in with holiday time off they are already getting.

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
18 Mar 2013 00:12 #13909 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
I am going to try to make this event. It will be a great opportunity to meet many of you that I have never met in person. I will probably come in the Kiln Red '84. Maybe Robert and his son will want to come along also. :cool:

More
18 Mar 2013 22:27 #13924 by pcar928fan
^^^^^
There you go! Bring some friends with you to share in the enjoyment!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
19 Mar 2013 12:39 #13931 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
How many issues of "Shark Vibe" have been issued? Has there been more than one? Cuz I didn't get that one either. Is there someone I have pissed off enough already to continue to leave me from the mailing list?

More
19 Mar 2013 14:12 #13933 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction

How many issues of "Shark Vibe" have been issued? Has there been more than one? Cuz I didn't get that one either. Is there someone I have pissed off enough already to continue to leave me from the mailing list?

I haven't been getting them either. :confused:

More
19 Mar 2013 14:15 #13934 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction

I haven't been getting them either. :confused:

I recall two issues.

• Feather
More
19 Mar 2013 17:06 #13935 by Feather
There have been three (3) issues so far and the next one will be coming out soon. They are going by email to everyone on the current membership list. It may be that your computer is pissed off at you and is putting them in the trash thinking you are not worthy, or maybe that the TSV is not worthy of you. Check you trash bin.

I just checked the last membership list and all three of you are on it, so I know that at least the last two have been sent to your emails, because I sent them. If your email did something with them, I don't know what I can do about that.

I am sending all three issues to all three of you shortly and seperately.

More
19 Mar 2013 20:07 #13939 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
Thank you Jerr. I have them now. I guess now I can find out and read about the OCIC 2013 that I cannot attend.

More
19 Mar 2013 21:16 #13941 by pcar928fan
^^^^^
DOH! You will be missed Big John!!!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
20 Mar 2013 09:40 #13949 by Auzivision
Replied by Auzivision on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
In my membership up to date?

I could only locate one TSV in my email dated 11/21/12.

This sound like a great event and I hope to make it.

• Feather
More
20 Mar 2013 17:51 #13954 by Feather
Kurt, one of the things that I think happened with at least the last issue of The Shark Vibes was that we sent it to everyone on the membership list and did it is such a way that everyone's address showed up in each of the emails, rather than sending it as a bcc to everyone. I think the result of that is that the issue was seen by various programs as spam and put in the trash bin. We will be doing that correctly with this and all the next issues.

I have your email address; and you were on the current membership list for the last one, so I'll send you a copy in your email shortly.

• Feather
More
20 Mar 2013 22:35 #13959 by Feather
The details that were going to be worked on some more about the Vendors participating did not work out at all so although any and every Member in the OC is certainly invited to attend and bring his family and friend, as was suggested above, they should not come as a Vendor.

More
20 Mar 2013 22:57 #13960 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction

The details that were going to be worked on some more about the Vendors participating did not work out at all so although any and every Member in the OC is certainly invited to attend and bring his family and friend, as was suggested above, they should not come as a Vendor.

From a distant and lacking in detail perspective, the idea of a "no vendor" OCIC sounds like it could be quite meritorious. If the organizer chooses to do it that way, I am a supporter. I am presuming the organizer is taking greater financial risk, at their own choice. Perhaps the process of managing the vendors requests is just too high.

From a free market perspective, the vendor can still rent space nearby in the same city, perhaps even neighborhood, but separate from the OCIC organizer's space.

More
22 Mar 2013 19:16 #13976 by PCA0891
Replied by PCA0891 on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
My son will be in germany touring that week. But Austin and I will make the trip. Several other small projects on the S4. But CU there. Then you can show me how that Cowl Cover fits Jerry. When it rains the wiper arms hit it???

More
25 Mar 2013 16:58 #14024 by david wilson
Replied by david wilson on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
I`ve got my hotel reservation, so all I have to do is get the shark ready for a nice drive to Grand Junction. See you all there.

David Wilson

More
26 Mar 2013 20:55 #14050 by pcar928fan
I need to make some reservations for this party. Wife thought she would be joining me at first but is not sure now. Might have to get a girlfriend for the trip! ;) As if any would have me! LOL!!!

James
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
93 Arrow Blue / Black

• Feather
More
27 Mar 2013 07:49 #14061 by Feather
I have written up a nearly complete outline of the Plans for this year's OCIC and will be sending that to all the Members by email next week, as part of the next issue of TSV, or shortly after, and with a pre-registration form.

I have been concentrating on trying to make this event one that will be appealing to wives and other family members even though much of what is planned will involve use of your 928 and much will be automobile related. There are a number of things to do around here besides what is planned and I think there will be alternate transportation available to use seperately for some of that as may be desired for those not as interested in car stuff.

Jerry Feather

More
11 May 2013 10:04 #14669 by david wilson
Replied by david wilson on topic OCIC 2013--Function at the Junction
How are things shaping up? Have many people said they are coming? Just want an update.
Thanks David
87S4 5sp

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!