× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Garage Find!....in my own garage

More
25 Sep 2015 14:00 #18509 by JD
Hello.
How is everybody?
I’m a new member and I’m glad to be here. I joined about a month ago but due to technical difficulties I have just recently been able to log on.
I’d like to thank the guys who helped me log on Marc White, Bill Van Vlack, and Jarrod Wise. Congrats on the new positions!
As a new member I have a ton of questions but the most important one is:
Are there any members in the western Connecticut area who could steer me in the direction of a good 928 repair shop/mechanic, or steer me away from a bad one? Most of the shops in the area are more familiar with the 911 than the 928.
I am the proud owner of an ’87 S4. I purchased it about fourteen years ago and drove it every chance I had until about eight years ago. It has been sitting in my garage ever since. It is going to need a ton of attention just to make it road worthy again and I am not the guy you want turning wrenches.
I know that the timing belt and water pump are a must along with the brakes, the drive train and a new gas tank. It started leaking in the garage that is what pushed me to push it out into the driveway and hopefully put it back on the road.
I have read Sharklovers thread and some of the responses seem to be on target, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Glad to be here,
JD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!