× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Registry Link down?

• buccicone928
  • buccicone928's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2016 06:36 #18833 by buccicone928
Registry Link down? was created by buccicone928
I've tried a couple days now with different browser and cannot get the registry link to connect. 404 error. What gives?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2016 08:45 #18834 by GuardsTurbo
Replied by GuardsTurbo on topic Registry Link down?
I'm sure it's just site maintenance or something of that nature.

More
13 Mar 2016 13:33 #18835 by The Deputy
Replied by The Deputy on topic Registry Link down?
Getting the same issue.

Brian.

• buccicone928
  • buccicone928's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Mar 2016 14:14 #18836 by buccicone928
Replied by buccicone928 on topic Registry Link down?
4 Days now. Anybody Home??

More
13 Mar 2016 20:42 #18839 by billvvSU
Replied by billvvSU on topic Registry Link down?
Some details.....
We have a corrupted 'audit log' table in the SQL database of the software that handles the Registry (the website is built on Joomla, and the Registry component is a application built on Cobalt by MintJoomla). We think that it was caused by a server glitch. It initially delivered an error on accessing the Registry and cascaded to taking down the entire site. Once we disabled Cobalt, the site was restored and the Registry reports a 404 error.

Sorry for not posting something sooner, but here's the situation. Please bear with us.

We're presently working with the host to get shell access to the site to try and repair the file (which cannot be repaired with normal PHPMyAdmin software. We do have a backup of the database that's about two weeks old and we have access to the admin side of Cobalt so there's no question that we can restore things, but shell access seems the most expedient right now.

Since the site was created and is maintained by volunteers who have other lives to live, the restoration will take longer than might happen on a commercial site. Particularly, for issues at this level, we only have one volunteer with the skills and experience to troubleshoot the problem and he has a full time job and is in the middle of an engine pull, among other things I'm sure. If this explanation engenders a 'why not try xxxx or yyy' by anyone, PM me or Jerrod and we'll make it easy to pitch in and help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norritt

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!