× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Owner-- Portland

• donv
  • donv's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2021 12:16 #21923 by donv
New Owner-- Portland was created by donv
Hello!

I just bought an 81 928 on BringATrailer out of Seattle, and now have it in Portland. It's a very nice, reasonably original 5-speed car.

Any suggestions on 928 mechanics in the Portland area? I've heard A&P are the guys, but am not impressed with the work they did on my 911S for a previous owner, and they are all the way across town from me (I'm on the west side).

Right now, my 928 is in pretty good shape and needs only a few minor things, but I'd like to be prepared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2021 17:04 #21962 by Rich928
Replied by Rich928 on topic New Owner-- Portland
Welcome to the world of the Porsche 928.

I'm not aware of any shops in the Portland area. There is a pretty active group of 928 owners up in the Seattle area. They have a PacNW928 group. You might reach out and see if they know of any in Portland or if it is worth the drive up north for service.

Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

• donv
  • donv's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2021 22:50 #21964 by donv
Replied by donv on topic New Owner-- Portland
Thanks! My car was just serviced by a Seattle shop, and I have a very good vintage German car mechanic here who is going to do some minor stuff for me, and maybe more depending on what he is comfortable with.

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!