HOLY! feast or famine

More
20 Aug 2012 23:57 #10328 by 928mac
HOLY! feast or famine was created by 928mac
So waz up tweeps, know one wants to post any more

OK so ILL troll a bit here

1st Who would like to add there 2 cents about why Sterling wants to sell his Car???

2nd, what is your guess as to how much he has spent on that car???

3rd is Sterling really a pussy??? :D

And last but not least, what's with that God awful color? :rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 00:07 #10329 by 928mac
Replied by 928mac on topic HOLY! feast or famine
I think he is selling because he is whipped and the wifey made him ;)

$186,432.01 :eek:

goes without telling

the color is what it is because he could not afford to repaint it :p

More
21 Aug 2012 00:26 #10330 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic HOLY! feast or famine
He is not married and I think he recently broke up with a GF.

I suspect if you just look at the actual $$$$$ spent it must be close to $100k. Could actually be well over that.

The color is called Congac and he loves it! It is a VERY RARE color in 928 land.

Is he a pussy... Well, I can't attest to that! ;) I like Sterling, he got his car about the same time I got my first 928, so we have been friends for a long time. I sure wish he could keep and finish this car!

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
21 Aug 2012 01:04 #10332 by 928mac

He is not married and I think he recently broke up with a GF.

I suspect if you just look at the actual $$$$$ spent it must be close to $100k. Could actually be well over that.

The color is called Congac and he loves it! It is a VERY RARE color in 928 land.

Is he a pussy... Well, I can't attest to that! ;) I like Sterling, he got his car about the same time I got my first 928, so we have been friends for a long time. I sure wish he could keep and finish this car!

OMG James this is not a serious post. You have to much on your mind. :)

More
21 Aug 2012 04:37 #10333 by srshaw3
Replied by srshaw3 on topic HOLY! feast or famine
I would definitely put it closer to $200k than $100k. Multiple motors and vario-cam engineering! I wouldn't be surprised if it is was more. :eek:

He did have it repainted as I recall and put GTS rear quarters on it.

More
21 Aug 2012 11:58 #10338 by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic HOLY! feast or famine

I would definitely put it closer to $200k than $100k. Multiple motors and vario-cam engineering! I wouldn't be surprised if it is was more. :eek:

He did have it repainted as I recall and put GTS rear quarters on it.

I love those GTS quarters, but find a lot more practical to just get the real deal. Even for a paint & body guy like myself, I don't think it would be worth the trouble to do on an earlier model. I never understood the folks that bothered upgrading OB to look like S4s either.

More
21 Aug 2012 12:55 #10340 by srshaw3

I love those GTS quarters, but find a lot more practical to just get the real deal. Even for a paint & body guy like myself, I don't think it would be worth the trouble to do on an earlier model. I never understood the folks that bothered upgrading OB to look like S4s either.

understood and agree, except in Sterling's case he had a ton of money already in the car, including the vario-cam motor, when there was an incident (if I recall correctly), so he chose to upgrade rather than just repair. I am depending on my memory, so I could be confusing his car with another. He does have a website dedicated to his car: 928sg.com/

More
21 Aug 2012 15:30 #10347 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic HOLY! feast or famine
Stan,
Sterling pulled down his SG website, deleted all his posts on RL and others, and all screen persona due to increasing criticism of his efforts with his car. I believe he just no longer felt that he should have to justify his efforts with his car to the increasingly ill-informed masses. AFAIK, Sterling continues to work on his car but has decided to ditch the vario-cam setup for a more conventional cam approach. I am in contact with him periodically, but he generally does not frequent ANY forum whatever.

More
21 Aug 2012 15:41 #10348 by srshaw3

AFAIK, Sterling continues to work on his car but has decided to ditch the vario-cam setup for a more conventional cam approach.

I haven't spoke with Sterling in a while, I know he disliked many of the sideline experts that claimed to kneo better than he did. Last I spoke with him, he was thinking about getting away from the Motec setup as well. He certainly blazes his own trail :) All the more power to him for being his own person!

More
21 Aug 2012 19:40 #10358 by Jon B.
Replied by Jon B. on topic HOLY! feast or famine

Stan,
Sterling pulled down his SG website, deleted all his posts on RL and others, and all screen persona due to increasing criticism of his efforts with his car. I believe he just no longer felt that he should have to justify his efforts with his car to the increasingly ill-informed masses. AFAIK, Sterling continues to work on his car but has decided to ditch the vario-cam setup for a more conventional cam approach. I am in contact with him periodically, but he generally does not frequent ANY forum whatever.

His website is back up now actually. I went through the entire thing AGAIN this weekend. I plan on doing my exhaust similarly to Sterlings.

More
22 Aug 2012 10:39 #10390 by xstepson
Replied by xstepson on topic HOLY! feast or famine
I think that is good news then! I guess I better call him to get a most current read on his mental state. And yes, the last time I talked to him he was gonna sell his Motec and go to a newer fueling system.

More
22 Aug 2012 14:35 #10398 by 928mac
I looked at them all and went with electromotive (right or wrong) it seems to work ok thus far but I am having a hard time fine tuning it because there is just way to much to play with.

More
22 Aug 2012 19:06 #10414 by pcar928fan
Replied by pcar928fan on topic HOLY! feast or famine

OMG James this is not a serious post. You have to much on your mind. :)

You got that right... to much stress I don't need for sure! ;)

James
78 Silver / Black-white #295
84 Ruby Red / Black AO84
88 Dark Blue / Linen-Black
92 Polar Silver / Dark Blue 92EURO
93 Arrow Blue / Black

More
25 Aug 2012 03:45 #10562 by 928mac

I'll be sure to send Sterling over here to see what kind of a thread was started about him with out him knowing about it.

I'm sure he will be very pleased to see this from someone who he doesn't know.

Real classy Mac.

Mr Sean Ratts,
You should really relax. ;)
This is part of a thread that is running on RL, But you must know this so what's up?
Why are you so upset
I hold Sterling in very high regards and think he has one of the most awesome cars out there.

More
25 Aug 2012 04:59 #10570 by Kiln_Red

Mr Sean Ratts,
You should really relax. ;)
This is part of a thread that is running on RL, But you must know this so what's up?
Why are you so upset
I hold Sterling in very high regards and think he has one of the most awesome cars out there.

Seems as though someone might be reaching here to create a conflict that doesn't exist.

More
25 Aug 2012 05:17 #10571 by 928mac

Seems as though someone might be reaching here to create a conflict that doesn't exist.

I really don't know why Sean is tic'd

I thought he started the pussy thread on RL and I was trying to add some fun into a forum that is way to serious lately.

If he thinks it will upset Sterling I will delete it as I don't want to upset Sterling more than he is.

Maybe we can start a thread (Brad is a pussy) that may make a few happy. :D

I have notice that a lot of our regulars have not posted since the election

More
25 Aug 2012 05:24 #10572 by srshaw3
I suspect many of the regulars are back on the heels wondering what happened to their polite forum...

More
25 Aug 2012 07:43 #10574 by Kiln_Red

I suspect many of the regulars are back on the heels wondering what happened to their polite forum...

Now we're getting somewhere!

Brad, you do not know the group in Texas very well, neither do I, but I met many of them in Kansas and they're obviously a tight group. the RL thread was inside joke between 928 like minded folks who know each other very well. I suspect recent personal developments make the 'inside joke' no longer appropriate hence the sensitivity.

There was reference in another thread now closed that there was a impromtu board meeting at OCIC, there was not. Only that we had an onsite inperson corum of board members where we could openly discuss a great many matters. Other than online I do not know if there was ever a face to face meet in the last few years. Hope that adds clarity for the members reading and for the members who were at OCIC.

Malcolm,

Can you explain why you just edited Stan's post to me? Was this a mistake??

More
25 Aug 2012 10:38 #10576 by srshaw3

Malcolm,

Yes, please review and advise why Malcolm changed my post. There was nothing offensive in my post. Malcolm deleted my question to Brad, asking if it was really Sean that post the Sterling topic on Rennlist.

More
25 Aug 2012 10:42 #10577 by srshaw3

Pardon my fat fingers Austin.............a mistake indeed, please restore.

As a trustee and moderator I was attempting to do something that even I cant do.:rolleyes:

Why were you even editing my post? What you did could not have happened until you chose to go in and edit my post.

There was no reason for you to even be in there, as there was nothing offensive in that post at all.

Please explain.

More
25 Aug 2012 11:04 #10578 by srshaw3

Malcolm,

Austin,

Thank you very much for noticing.

It won't happen again, there is no valid reason why Malcolm would have been in editing my post(s). He did not bother to tell anyone he had done so, and the edit process is not something he could have done, and removed text by accident.

I suggest everyone notice if ANY of their posts have been edited.

Malcolm is no longer a moderator. I won't be in the situation where I have to wonder what mischief he might be up to.

Hopefully this is not a trend of what is going to take place in the future here.

More
25 Aug 2012 21:46 #10585 by Adamant1971
Replied by Adamant1971 on topic HOLY! feast or famine

That's an understatement.

1987 S4 5 spd, LSD, Sport Seats

Daily Driver: 2008 SAAB 9-5 Aero CombiSport

Moderators: Rich928mm928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!